South Zone Community Garden
New Gardener Registration Form
Review SZCGA Garden Rental Terms and Conditions before applying
All South Zone Community Garden members acknowledge and agree to the following Terms and Conditions as well as all SZCGA Policies Tab when signing the 2022 Registration Form.
Evidence of compliance to all the terms of agreement are looked for during regularly scheduled garden inspections.
As a South Zone Community Gardener, I agree:
- To restrict my planting and plant growth within the boundary of the assigned garden plot as delineated by the garden stakes.
- To assure that none of my plants spill over into a walkway.
- To maintain my half of any garden path that separates my garden from my neighbor’s garden.
- To assure that all dirt clumps, garden tools, sticks, boards etc. are kept within my garden boundaries. Grass and garden paths are not within garden boundaries.
- To take measures to keep grass from growing into my garden and to remove any grass that has crept into the garden’s edge.
- To be in attendance when my garden is being watered.
- To assure my watering does not overlap a neighbor’s garden.
- To keep my garden free of weeds including dandelions, thistles, and quack grass throughout the entire season (April 15 to October 15) thereby assuring the garden is weed free at year end.
- To take home all garbage materials I bring into the gardens during the course of the year.
- To neatly store all garden materials within the confines of my plot.
- To dispose of all plants suspect of disease in my at home garbage.
- To use only biological/physical controls and organic pesticides to control weeds and insects avoiding all synthetic pesticides including glyphosate.
- To read and follow all “SZCGA Terms of Agreement” Tab as well as any applicable policies: Perennial Plantings and structures Tab Subletting Tab.
- To carefully read all emails containing garden information forwarded from the SZCGA.
- Attend to garden before June 10 Gardens not started by June 10 will be eligible for reassignment.
- To treat all gardeners and garden volunteers with respect.
Gardens are regularly monitored to ensure compliance to Garden Terms & Conditions.
SZCG ASSOCIATION IS COMMITTED TO PROMOTING HEALTHY HORTICULTURAL PRACTISES
- We commit to administer, organize and foster a community of gardeners working together to develop healthy horticultural practices for a sustainable future.
- SZCG association is committed to encouraging healthy horticultural practices amongst its members. SZCG supports individual gardeners growing crops and horticultural techniques which they prefer, provided those practices do not impact the ability of other gardeners, present and future to have healthy gardens.
- Use of herbicides and insecticides, failure to control weeds and other inappropriate practices not only endanger the health of neighboring gardens and gardeners but also the viability of that garden for future renters. SZCG policies, support to gardeners and enforcement of policies is intended to ensure all gardeners have the opportunity to enjoy productive and healthy gardens.
- In the interest of all gardeners SZCG association accepts the responsibility for checking all gardens on a regular basis to ensure SZCG policies, including control of weeds, are followed.
- Should a garden be deemed in need of maintenance the registered owner will be contacted. The gardener will be given a timeline in which to take full corrective action.
- Failure to take full corrective action within the stated timeline can result in the gardener losing “Gardener in Good Standing” status and all associated privileges*.
- Should there be extenuating circumstances that prevent the gardener from taking timely corrective action the gardener should communicate such to SZCG immediately upon receiving notice and SZCG will work with you on your plan to cleanup the garden, but ultimately weeds must be controlled.