South Zone Community Gardens
- The South Zone Community Gardens Association (SZCGA) operates 384 community gardens in Regina on property leased from the University of Regina. The gardens are located at 3305 Grant Road.
- The SZCGA operates under the auspices of The South Zone Recreation Board, which is affiliated with the City of Regina.
- South Zone Community Gardens is administered by an elected working board. The Board has full authority to manage the gardens in accordance with the Garden Use Agreement and Constitution.
Mission & Vision
- South Zone Community Gardens shares the South Zone Recreation Board’s goal to improve the quality of residents’ lives.
- As stewards of the SZCG we aim to improve the health and well being of the gardeners, community and the environment through shared leadership, volunteerism, education & values.
- The vision of the South Zone Community Garden include building community connections, environmental and gardening education, and sustainability.
“Everything that slows us down and forces patience, everything that sets us back into the slow circles of nature, is a help. Gardening is an instrument of grace. ” May Sarton
“I enjoy painting, cutting the lawn and working in the garden when I have time. That’s therapy for me. I enjoy working with my hands. ”
“A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them. ” Liberty Hyde Bailey
“The best place to find God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. ” George Bernard Shaw
2023 Board Member List (SZCGA)
(As of November 2022)
Bill Schoepp, Darlene Boyd
Dale Hjertaas, Michael Quinn
Darlene Boyd, Bob Guthrie
Jeff McCracken, 1 Vacant
Harry Fisowich, Ken Bueche
Harvest with Heart
Kim Johnston, Yvonne Harris