South Zone Community Gardens
- The South Zone Community Gardens Association (SZCGA) operates 384 community gardens in Regina on property leased from the University of Regina. The gardens are located at 3305 Grant Road.
- The SZCGA operates under the auspices of The South Zone Recreation Board, which is affiliated with the City of Regina.
- South Zone Community Gardens is administered by an elected board. The Board has full authority to manage the gardens in accordance with the Garden Use Agreement and Constitution.
Mission & Vision
- South Zone Community Gardens shares the South Zone Recreation Board’s goal to improve the quality of residents’ lives.
- We commit to administer, organize and foster a community of gardeners working together to develop healthy horticultural practices for a sustainable future.
- The vision of the South Zone Community Garden include building community connections, environmental and gardening education, and sustainability.
“Everything that slows us down and forces patience, everything that sets us back into the slow circles of nature, is a help. Gardening is an instrument of grace. ” May Sarton
“I enjoy painting, cutting the lawn and working in the garden when I have time. That’s therapy for me. I enjoy working with my hands. ”
2022 Board Member List (SZCGA)
(As of November 2021)
Bill Schoepp, Darlene Boyd
Dale Hjertaas, Michael Quinn
Darlene Boyd, Bill Schoepp
Jeff McCracken, 1 Vacant
Harry Fisowich, Ken Bueche
Board Members at Large
Kim Johnston, Bob Young